Here are some valuable tips to help you with your storage needs:
- Leave a walkway to the back end of your unit … this allows for easy access to all of your items.
- If possible disassemble items such as bed frames and tables so you can get the most out of your space.
- If you have an item you use frequently, place it by the door.
- Don’t leave boxes half full … use all the space you have. Never stack heavy items on boxes that are only half full.
- Place fragile items (plates, china, glassware, etc.) near the top of boxes to prevent from crushing.
- Label, Label, Label!!! You never want to open every box to find that one special item you need for that hour.
- If possible, use shelving to maximize your space.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly open and clean. NOTE: use the space inside the fridge and freezer to store extra items.
- Wrap mirrors, pictures, etc. with bubble wrap, blankets or boxes specific for mirrors and pictures. Never place them down flat on the ground.